TERMS & CONDITIONS
For Specific Coronavirus Information & T&C, click HERE
Check-in is from 16:00 onwards. The key will be in the key safe by the door and the code will be provided prior to arrival.
Check-out is by 11:00 on the day of departure.
Accommodation strictly for two persons only - Our insurance does not cover more than two people and and additional persons will be unfortunately be turned away. As a consequernce of the Covid19 situation we politely request that you do not invite other people into the property. See Coronavirus link above.
The accommodation is for adults only. We are unable to accommodate babies or children under any circumstances. All guests to be over the age of 21 at the time of booking. (Our insurance covers adults only and, as such, persons below the age of 21 will be in breach of these terms and conditions and will unfortunately be turned away)
A Damage and Cleaning deposit of £100 is charged at the time of booking. This is against damage, breakages, additional cleaning or breach of our terms and conditions. The deposit is refundable 10 days after check out subject to the property being inspected by the owners. If the deposit is not refunded the hirer will be informed by email as to the reason. Any deposits refunded via Paypal will have the transaction charge deducted from the deposit, any deposits refunded to an overseas bank account will have the banking fees deducted from the deposit.
The following activities are prohibited within the property. Any evidence suggesting a breach of these terms will result in the forfeit of the Damage & Cleaning Deposit.
- Use of illegal drugs
- Burning of candles or other naked flames (realistic, artificial candles are provided of 'ambience' !)
- Unreasonably loud, raucous or antisocial behaviour.
- Smoking (smoking is permitted outside the premises but please clean up afterwards and don't stub cigarettes out on the decking).
- In common with all other properties in the area, domestic sewage from Half of Two is handled by a septic tank. The septic tank is designed for human waste and toilet tissue ONLY - other items such as baby wipes, kitchen towels, cotton buds, sanitary products etc can seriously block the tank. Please do not flush such items down the toilet. The septic tank filter is checked after the departure of all guests and any materials other than toilet tissue discovered in the system will result in the loss of the Damage & Cleaning deposit.
- Use of hair dye and/or self tanning products are not permitted
- The use of wi-fi internet is for legal purposes only. Peer to peer file sharing and the downloading of illegal material is not permitted. Any evidence discovered or received that this has taken place will be disclosed to the appropriate authorities upon request.
The property is surrounded by farming 'croft' land. Please respect our environment and traditions, follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code at all times, and especially be careful not to disturb the local sheep who may be with lambs
DEPOSIT, PAYMENT & REFUNDS
A non-returnable deposit of 20% of the full booking fee is required at the time of reservation.
Payment in full is required within 5 weeks of arrival
Guests who wish to cancel their booking before full payment is due will forfeit the non returnable deposit.
Should guests need to cancel their reservation after the full payment has been made we will endeavor to re-let the property. If we are successful we will either refund a sum equivalent to the new re-letting fee, less a £50 administration charge or the appropriate refund as detailed below, whichever is the greater.
If we are unable to re-let the property if a cancellation is made after full payment has been received, refund terms are as follows;
Cancellation 5 weeks or less before arrival - 70% of full booking fee will be refunded
Cancellation 4 weeks or less before arrival - 60% of full booking fee will be refunded
Cancellation 3 weeks or less before arrival - 40% of full booking fee will be refunded
Cancellation 2 weeks or less before arrival - 20% of full booking fee will be refunded
Cancellation 1 week or less before arrival - No refund will be made.